Saturday 16 July 2016

A Long Day on the Bike .To Spean Bridge

Wednesday 13th July Light WNW Heavy showers & sunny intervals


The black guillemots are out on a jetty as I leave Oban. Heavy showers alternate with sunny intervals as I cycle towards Fort William. Magnificent scenery all the way, sections of superb cycle path take me away from a busy road for long sections.
A stop for a snack at a small cafe brings about a meeting with a fellow Brummie (someone born in Birmingham). Not just a Brummie but someone who lived in the same area, King's Heath, that I lived in as a young boy. A bacon, black pudding and apple sauce bap wasn't a Brummie creation that I remember but it was tasty enough.

Through Fort William, as I head north along yet another section of cycle path, a young lady on a bike comes alongside me and asks if I am the man cycling to all of the RSPB reserves. She, had seen the article in Wingbeat, The RSPB's teenage magazine for the Phoenix members. A physiotherapist by trade, cycled with me for a couple of miles, a pleasure to meet and chat with.
To Spean Bridge and after a gift of a small white rabbit for the bike to be named June from June, a local lady on her way to the pub, I search a woodland there for wood warbler. No joy, just treecreepers, willow warblers and titmice, I set up the tent and relax.


54.28 Miles 2495 feet elevation up 2263 feet elevation down

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...