Friday 4 March 2022

BIKING BIRDER VI 2022 February 22nd Another Day Looking for a Bonaparte's Gull. Cardiff Bay

 


          After another long chat with my host at Tanes Hotel, I set off for Cardiff Bay once more, a fourth attempt at seeing the reported Bonaparte's Gull ahead of me.

          I cycle through the city centre. Well, actually not through the pedestrianised areas as there are police fining cyclists who ride their bikes. I push mine and get to a cycle tracked road alongside Cardiff Castle. Memories of that Queen concert back in 1976.

https://www.queenconcerts.com/detail/live/261/queen-live-10-09-1976-castle-cardiff-uk.html 


          Down to the riverside, cycling past the huge Millenium Stadium, I stop to feed some hot cross buns to the gulls and geese, Swan Geese, three very vocal Swan Geese. Not countable on the BIGBY bird list, I am pecked by an aggressive Mute Swan as I feed the assembled birds.




          The rest of the day is spent going to all corners of the bay, for part of it I am accompanied by a local birder but all to no avail. There is no sign of the rare Bonaparte's Gull.






          There are though plenty of other gulls . . . 






          . . .  including three Mediterranean Gulls.



          and there are always pigeons to feed!





😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐



😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊



No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...