Tuesday 2 August 2016

Donations, Thanks and Sponsorship

Tuesday 2nd August

Thanks to everyone who sent Get Well Soon messages. Appreciated. Feeling a bit better and I cycled to Alford yesterday so back on the road again. Hopefully I will see the American white-winged scoter today near Aberdeen.
Meanwhile I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has either donated using the Justgiving links, given me money by stopping me on my travels and feeding Ricky the Robin on the bike or by saying that they would sponsor me so much a bird and pay at the end of the year when my final Green Bird list is published. Hopefully that will be more than the 300, maybe even higher than the 305 to break the European record.
The most recent person to email me with an offer of sponsorship is Michael Davis. Thanks Michael.
Today Ricky the Robin (the donation boxes on the bike) have been emptied and the money shared between the four charities I am supporting. When people do give money as I travel I try to write their names on my notebook and so . . .
Ricky the Robin emptying time. Many thanks to Yvonne, Jocyln (Smugglers YH), Duncan and Tricia, Jasper, Donna, Susan, John, Clare & Eleanor, Ryan & Vicky, Henry, Jules, Moira & Ron, Jane & Lynda. xx
Some of the donations were of things, like cereal bars, given to me. My attitude is that if someone gives me something then that is a donation.
By the way, I am paying for every aspect of my trip. No one gives me any money to do this. Just thought I would say as some people do ask.
I really do appreciate all of the donations and believe in the work of the RSPB, the WWT, Asthma UK and Chaskawasi-Manu.
If you can sponsor me 1p a bird then please either message me on here or on my facebook page



So August the second, memories of 1980 and a wedding. Long time ago.

A final thought . . . it's fabulous when a birding family gets in touch to tell of their birding. Thanks Jamie. Go for it Max and Oscar.


37.91 Miles 2491 feet elevation up and 3134 down

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...