Sunday 6 March 2016

OK! I will catch up the blog asap. Yeah, you got me . . I am a week behind

Saturday 27th February fresh NE Sunny 5 to 7C

Out to cycle to Burnham Overy via Chosely Barns, near Titchwell, I see a head of a bird poking up from a crop field on the edge of Hunstanton. Grey partridge goes onto the year list.

There is almost absolutely nothing at Choseley, just a few yellowhammers and a couple of hares. I push the bike along field edges to search for the reported rough-legged buzzard but have no joy.


To Burnham Overy and along the seawall to the beach. I spend the rest of the day pushing the bike along the tideline searching for shorelarks. I see a small number of pink-footed geese on the way along the wall.

To Holkham Gap and back. Then west towards Scolt Head. I have no luck with these and seem to be missing birds that may be vital for the list.




So the year list is still at 172, nineteen ahead of this time last year.


23.06 Miles 578 elevation up 636 elevation down

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB 2010 Oops, crash and a motorway Abominable Snowman in Hemel Hempstead January 5th

5 th January                                                            Tragedy                                              The Bee Gees   ...